Whether you are in boarding school or college, those dorm rooms with white cinderblock walls and bulky wooden furniture are super dull. The Northwest is here to share some tips and tricks to help you infuse your personal style and school spirit into your new living space! See how you can use pillows, blankets, accessories, wall décor, and more to make that room scream you!
Arguably the focal point of your room, your bedding can help you express your personal interests, style, or school spirit!
- For those who ooze school spirit: Try a Northwest comforter that reps your schools’ colors and logo’s or, for a more understated look, go for the twin sheet set.
- For those who live and breathe fashion: Go for a bold and vibrant pattern that speaks to you; or, choose a solid-colored comforter for a minimalist vibe.
After your bed, dorms don’t offer ample space for much else. This is where storage solutions come in handy.
- Storage ottomans: Perfect for those who need a step stool or coffee table that doubles as storage for video game equipment and more!
- Coffee Cart: All-nighters and sleep deprivation is coming your way, make sure you’re prepared with a coffee station nearby!
- Stackable bins: Let’s be honest—you won’t be getting much closet space. Stackable bins help you create extra storage that stacks as high as you choose.
- Over-the-door storage: Shoe racks, mirrors, snack holders, you name it, over-the-door storage is always a win. Make use of that plain door so you can create more space elsewhere (or as an excuse to bring more stuff)!
- Command HooksTM: You only have so much floor and closet space, so make use of those walls with Command HooksTM! Hang up jewelry, bags, coats, and more without losing closet space. Don’t worry, removal is damage free!
Now that you have all your necessities, it’s time to transform that room into your home away from home!
- Blankets: Blankets are perfect for those movie nights and lazy days! For those who want to show school spirit, but find bedding too much, blankets are the perfect medium. The Northwest offers numerous styles for nearly every school! If school spirit isn’t your thing, the Northwest also offers tons of blankets in sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and solid-colored.
- Pillows: Try a pillow that reps your school or favorite NFL team! If you have a more minimalist vibe, go for a solid-colored pillow or one with a fun quote.
- Lights: Dorms have harsh lighting, which doesn’t lend itself well to creating a cozy space. Hang up some string lights and purchase some lamps to create a warm-lit space that’s cozy all year.
- Walls: Purchase a tapestry or removable wallpaper to liven up your room! Removable wallpaper is easy to apply and removes with no mess, and a tapestry offers hundreds of design options.
- Rugs: Sometimes, the carpet in your dorm may seem dingy, or there is no carpet at all, which feels cold. A rug is a game-changer. It will make your room go from a dorm to a home.